Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gotta love potty training

So, I am in the process of getting Carter potty trained. Honestly, I am not sure that he is really ready but we are just starting this process. Yesterday, he started off the day by saying he needed to use the potty! So I went with it and he was successful "t t ing" in the potty 6 times yesterday! He wasn't interested in going to the potty to do his other business, so I didn't pressure him. Though I am not opposed to bribery at all! He gets 4 M&M's if he goes "t t" in the potty and an extra 1 if he tells me he needs to go. If he does the other I told him I would give him a cup full of M&M's and we would go to the store to buy a car! And today all before nap he has already used the potty successfully 7 times; is it obvious this child drinks a ton of water! Did have to change 1 not so fun diaper! I am so thankful that he is enjoying this potty process however the time it takes for a bathroom trip is mind blowing . . . go to the potty, pull down pants, take off diaper, use stool to get on potty . . . sit, sit, wait, wait . . . he goes . . . I cheer, he cheers . . . use toilet paper (no I don't want any dribbles on my bathroom floor), stand up, climb off potty, put on diaper, put on pants, flush potty, wash hands, dry hands . . . whew, finally done . . . until the next time!

No comments: