Monday, August 18, 2008

Foot surgery

My foot surgery went well last week. We were home by 11am. One of my dear friends, Katie, came from Birmingham to help with the kids and me! We would not have made it without her! My pain meds made me extremely dizzy Wednesday and Thursday so Katie was Carter and Campbell's mom for a couple of days. From what I have been told about the surgery everything went fine. They repaired the tendon and they inserted a 4-5 inch titanium screw in the broken bone. Unless I start having problems with my new titanium part it will stay in my foot! Right now I have a splint cast that can't be removed until they take my stitches out on the 27th. Never before have I wanted to walk on my foot or take a shower so badly! All the little things we take for granted! I still crawl up the stairs and scoot down them. Carter loves this part of the day; he pushes me as I crawl up and scoots down with me as I go down. Though I love pleasing my children I try not to go up and down the stairs if I don't have to. My parents were here this weekend to help with the kids, do errands and clean the house. We have many friends and neighbors either bringing us dinner each night or helping with the kids. Carter is the easy one, he can do just about everything for himself but I have to have someone here to get Campbell up, down and around! I have discovered today that our office chair makes a nice make-shift wheelchair in the kitchen! So we are just hanging out at home and hoping for the next week and half to pass by quickly!

No comments: