Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkins and apples oh my!

A couple of weeks ago we made our traditional trip out to Burt's Pumpkin Farm and the apple orchard. It was a beautiful day and the crowds were low, it was still September so the pumpkins were not in high demand yet. The kids always enjoy playing around the HUGE pumpkins. After we left the pumpkin farm we headed about 10 miles down to the apple orchard. We enjoy picking fresh apples. There is nothing better than an apple picked right off the tree. I have made lots of apple bread and an apple caramel cake! Yum!
Near impossible to get a cooperating picture!
I wonder what they were discussing!
Try to push the HUGE pumpkin.
Campbell liked the white ones.
And the orange ones too.
A tractor ride to the apple orchard with Mimi and Pop Pop.
Campbell had a bag and Carter had a bag.
Picking an apple.
This is "time out" in the orchard!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I just love those huge pumpkins! Looks like you guys had a great time at the pumpkin patch and picking apples too! I would love it if you could share one of your apple recipes with me. Maybe the apple bread?

Hope you're doing well this week!