Monday, February 8, 2010

First cookies

I have been wanting to make sugar cookies for a while now and finally had a reason to do them. I don't guess I really needed a reason but I didn't feel so bad eating them when I did have a reason to make them! Anyway, I made these football sugar cookies for a Super Bowl party. The big ones were for the adults and the little ones for the kids. They were a big hit! I have to say, for my first time ever making sugar cookies from scratch and the first time ever use a rolling pin; I think they turned out well! I am making heart sugar cookies for Carter's preschool class this week! Actually I already made them but accidentally left the uncooked ones sitting out all night; the heartbreak when I realized it and had to throw them away! Guess it was good practice!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What are you using for the icing? Those look fantastic!

The Van Ordens said...

I used royal icing and then tinted it with Wilton gels. I was pleased with the end results!

Veronica said...

The cookies turned out awesome Scarlett! They look just perfect! I can see why they were a big hit!