Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard

Last weekend we planned a full adventure filled day with Mimi and PopPop! We started at the pumpkin patch with the BIGGEST pumpkins I have ever seen! The kids loved it; Carter especially enjoyed climbing on them! It was freezing out but fun was had by all!
Trying to pick up the pumpkin!
Looks like a nice resting spot!
After the pumpkin patch we headed just a little farther down the road for lunch followed by the apple orchard. We waited a little late in the year to go so there weren't as many apples to pick as last year but still fun! Campbell especially loved throwing the apples! I have been making lots of apple bread!
Campbell likes apples!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Wow! Those pumpkins sure were huge! Looks like they were bigger than Campbell, even!

So glad you guys had such a good time! I wish we could do fun stuff like that with my parents but my mom is just not the grandmotherly type. My dad is remarried and my step mom's kids's kids are the ones enjoying all the grandparent attention. :(

Moving on before I get too sad...how are you feeling this week so far?